The Tri-Porter™ Premises Wiring Tester enables a full range of premises cabling tests with a single tool. It provides full diagnostic capability for network, telephone, and video systems with wiring qualification and fault diagnosis, cable tracing, location identification, and presence of service detection. Tri-Porter consists of a main unit and cable test remote/probe that enables technicians to test, troubleshoot, and qualify telco, network, and coax cable systems. This all-in-one package performs the work of six traditional testing tools: a DSL-safe telephone test set, active network tester, tone generator, probe, cable tester/verifier, and coax mapper. It also measures basic RF signal level for detection of signal from the cable service provider.
Technicians conduct multiple tests with Tri-Porter, including the following: single-ended continuity test; complete continuity test with cable test remotes; cable trace and location; trace coax cable to device or through splitter; measure cable length; map cable locations; ID unknown jacks or plugs; identify cable termination at active Ethernet ports; ping to verify connectivity to network devices; power premise telephone wiring with dial-tone simulation; provide talk battery; measure basic RF signal level; test telephone circuits for caller ID and other features; and other valuable tests for installation and maintenance of premises networks, regardless of service type.
The easy-to-use Tri-Porter reduces the tool set requirements for technicians with complete functionality for premises cable test and verification. As a result, technicians always have the right tool on hand for the job. In addition, the multifunction tool decreases training requirements and enables technicians to work quickly with one, familiar testing interface.
- Detects and reports speed and capabilities for active Ethernet and other devices up to 1 Gb/s
- Verifies connectivity to active network devices with pinging function
- Blinks link indicator LED to verify cable termination on active ports
- Measures basic RF signal level
- Tests cabling configuration and verifies connectivity
- Identifies location for up to 20 coax, RJ45, RJ11, or unterminated cables at a time
- Measures cable length
- Tones and traces cable through coax splitters
- Includes integrated, DSL-safe, advanced-function telephone test set
- Test and verify drops supporting voice services
- Ensure connectivity to Internet without using a PC
- Check availability of signal from cable service provider
- Configure and test network cable for Ethernet services
- Check capabilities of active network equipment
- Verify wiring condition and connected cable length
- Tone and trace cables for identification and troubleshooting
- Identify cable termination location at drops and active equipment