WaveReady MDC Series Ruggedized Couplers provide a plug-and-play 2-to-1 fiber solution for 1310/1550 nm and 1553/1557 nm transmission systems.
MDC series couplers are compact passive optical devices that multiplex and demultiplex two channels onto a single fiber. Four models satisfy requirements for medium reach (MDC-01UXW001A), extended reach (MDC-01AX5001A and MDC-01AY5001A), and extended temperature (525.725.006) applications.
MDC series couplers are ideal for remote cabinets or customer premises deployment where power and alarm connections are unavailable. The couplers are completely independent of data rate and formats. The extremely compact
form factor ensures that they fit in existing fiber trays.
- Supports bidirectional transmission through a single fiber
- Provides low end-to-end insertion loss
- Highly compact form factor fits existing fiber routing hardware
- Provides simple and robust 2:1 fiber sparing for point-to-point connections
- Enables fiber reclamation with legacy 1310 nm optical equipment
- Supports hybrid optical transport for both CWDM and DWDM optical systems