A complete line of SMART optical level attenuators that are 40 Gbps ready
The OLA-54 and OLA-55 SMART Optical Level Attenuators are future-proof, improved variable attenuators for system testing, installation, maintenance, and production of multimode fibers (OLA-54) and singlemode fibers(OLA-55).
The OLA-54 and OLA-55 SMART Optical Level Attenuators can be part of a SMART Optical Test Kit. The SMART Optical Test Kits contain all of the tools, including instruments and accessories, necessary to perform professional-grade power or loss tests in the field.
For a combined variable optical attenuator and a high-performance optical power meter function in a single, rugged, handheld instrument, choose the OLA-55M Motorized Optical Level Attenuator.
- Extended calibration wavelengths for very high performance: 600 adjustable wavelengths for the OLA-54 and 400 adjustable wavelengths for the OLA-55.
- An extremely long battery operation time of >1000 h.
- Absolute and relative attenuation setting
- Low minimum insertion loss due to new optical design.
- Emulate fiber loss for testing system dynamics.
- OLA-55 for testing up to 40 Gbps systems together with bit error rate testing (BERT).
- For system installation and maintenance of multimode fiber (OLA-54) and singlemode fiber (OLA-55).
- The SMARTWheel for precise and fast manual setting
- The SMARTStar graphical user interface for fast, easy, and straightforward operation.
- The SMARTEnergy power supply management system.
- A USB port for remote operation.
- Traceable measurements to NIST/PTB standards for confidence in accuracy.
- A robust, shock-proof, and splash-proof design for field operation.
- One-handed operation in the field.
- Quick start operation, requiring no warm-up time and reducing testing time.