The JDSU RoHS-compliant small form factor pluggable (SFP) optical transceiver is an integrated fiber optic transceiver that provides a high-speed serial link at signaling rates from 100 Mbps to 3.1 Gbps. The module complies with the small form factor pluggable (SFP) multisource agreement (MSA).
The SFP optical transceiver complies with Telcordia GR-253-CORE and ITU-T G.957 standards for up to 80-km reach (SONET OC-12 / SDH STM-4; SONET OC-48 / SDH STM-16), and IEEE 802.3-2005 standard for up to 120-km reach (Gigabit Ethernet and 1G Fibre Channel). It is also compatible to Fast Ethernet, SONET OC-3 and OC-12, and SDH STM-1 and STM-4 standards.
The SFP optical transceiver integrates the receive and transmit path on one module. In the transmit side, the serial data stream is passed to a laser driver. The laser drivers biases and modulates an uncooled DML (direct modulated laser), enabling data transmission over single-mode fiber through an industry-standard LC connector. In the receive side, the optical data stream is recovered from a PIN or avalanche photodetector (APD) transimpedance amplifier, and passed to a post amplifier. This module features a hot-pluggable SFI-compliant electrical interface.
- Supports line rate from 100 Mbps to 3.1 Gbps
- Compliant with SFP MSA INF-8074i Revision 1.0
- Operating case temperature range -40 to 85°C
- Available in PIN or APD-based receiver
- Maximum power dissipation 1.2 W
- Lead-free and RoHS 6/6-compliant
Single 3.3 V power supply
- Digital diagnostic monitoring support
- Metro access and metro core
- Wide area networks
- Optical crossconnects
- SFF 8074i MSA
- SFF 8472 Revision 10.4
- ITU-T G.957
- IEEE 802.3-2005
- Compliance with Telcordia GR-468