This integrated fiber optic transceiver provides a high-speed serial link at signaling rates from 100 Mbps to 3.1 Gbps. The module complies with the small form factor pluggable (SFP) multisource agreement (MSA).
The transceiver also complies with Telcordia GR-253-CORE, ITU-T G.695, and ITU-T G.957 standards (S-C8S1-1DX and S-C8L1-1DX) for up to 80-km reach (SONET OC-48/SDH STM-16) and the IEEE 802.3-2005 CWDM standard for up to 120-km reach (Gigabit Ethernet and 1 G Fibre Channel). It is compatible with Fast Ethernet, SONET OC-3 and OC-12, and SDH STM-1 and STM-4 standards.
The transceiver integrates the receive and transmit path on one module. On the transmit side, the serial data stream is passed to a laser driver. The laser driver biases and modulates an uncooled direct modulated laser (DML), enabling data transmission over single-mode fiber through an industry-standard LC connector. On the receive side, the optical data stream is recovered from a PIN or avalanche photodetector (APD), sent to a transimpedance amplifier, and then passed to a post amplifier. This module features a hot-pluggable SFI-compliant electrical interface.
- Line rates from 100 Mbps to 3.1 Gbps
- CWDM wavelengths from 1271 nm or 1471 nm to 1611 nm, depending on applications
- Extended operating case temperature supported; industrial operating case temperature compatible
- 1.2 W maximum power dissipation
- PIN- or APD-based receiver
- Lead free
- Single 3.3 V power supply
- Digital diagnostic monitoring support
- Metro access and metro core
- Wide area networks
- Optical cross-connects
- SFF 8074i MSA
- SFF 8472 Revision 10.4
- ITU-T G.695 and G.957
- IEEE 802.3-2005
- Telcordia GR-468
- RoHS 6/6