PacketPortal enhances any network element, adding sophisticated content awareness and inspection capabilities normally found only in more costly and complex platforms. PacketPortal allows equipment suppliers to expand and complement existing portfolios, increasing market opportunities.
PacketPortal embeds intelligence collectors into standards-based Gigabit Ethernet Small
Form Factor (SFP) transceivers that can be deployed in existing network elements, thus providing non-intrusive, in-line data capture.
- Easily extend powerful intelligence collection capabilities to more platforms, without costly or complex investments.
- Complement the coverage provided by existing traditional monitoring probes.
- Risk-free implementation based on industry standard implementations.
- Enhance IP routers with powerful, customizable filters without performance penalties.
- Optimizes Ethernet switches, providing alternatives to SPAN ports while reducing the cost and complexity.
- Complement firewall and security products, providing Layer 7 monitoring for application signatures
- Secure, autonomous configuring of remote collectors using encrypted communications.
- Scalable architecture supports and easily manages thousands of collectors.
- Support for line-rate deep packet inspection of any header or payload.
Request more information on joining the PacketPortal ecosystem as a Network Equipment Manufacturer.