The WaveReady 40- and 44-Channel Multiplexer/Demultiplexer (DWDM Mux/Demux-40 and -44) are scalable high-capacity terminal dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) solutions that allows multiplexing of up to 44 wavelengths to a fiber pair. When combined with the WaveReady 50GHz Optical Frequency Interleaver (OFI) module, the DWDM Mux/Demux-40 and -44 provide an easy upgrade to 88 channels per fiber.
These multiplexers maximize the capacity of the C-band range with access to 40 or 44 x 100-GHz spaced channels, or up to 88 50GHz spaced channels when used in conjunction with the WaveReady OFI for 50GHz implementations. In conjunction with the WaveReady line of transponders and amplifiers, the DWDM Mux/Demux-40 and -44 support a wide range of architectures from simple point-to-point to amplified ring configurations with dynamic add/drop.
An integrated test path is built into each module allowing for in-service integration of optical line diagnostics.
With high channel uniformity, low insertion loss, and low chromatic dispersion, the DWDM Mux/Demux-40 and -44 are compatible with all digital transmission formats and data rates up to 40 Gb/s.
- High-density packing for the full C-band
- ITU-T G.694.1, 100-GHz DWDM transceiver compliant
- Integrated 1625 nm optical test path
- Fits into EIA 19-in, 23-in, and ETSI 300-mm racks
- Eliminates the need for electrical power, and immune to EMI/EMC and ESD
- On-grid and Off-grid C-Band channel plans, compatible with 50GHz network implementations when used with OFI module
- Provides terminal mux/demux in high-capacity optical transmission systems, up to 88 channels
- Ideal for connecting server clusters, data centers, switch/router interconnect, and any application where low latency, cost effective, high capacity data transport it required
- Supports many physical topologies such as: point-to-point multichannel in linear (bus) add/drop and hub-and-spoke ring architectures
- Line rate support up to 40Gbps
- Supports in-service optical test access
- Terminates linear and ring networks
- ITU-T G694.1
- GR-1221 and 1209
- RoHS (exemptions 7b, 8a)