Flexible WDM Transport Solution
The JDSU WRT-780 is a dual multirate transponder that can support an extended number of services for both coarse wavelength division multiplexing (CWDM) and dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) transport applications. Due to its high flexibility and density, the WRT-780 is the ideal transport solution for access and metro wavelength division multiplexing (WDM) networks. The module has two independent transponders that can transport traffic running at different rates. The WRT-780 can also be used as a bidirectional four-port regenerator. Its flexible pluggable interfaces support a variety of transceivers on both client and line interfaces (850 nm, 1310 nm, 1550 nm, DWDM, and CWDM).
Automatic Rate Detection
The WRT-780 automatically detects incoming data rates so that no provisioning is required by the end-user. The WRT-780 supports 3R operation (reshape, retime, and regenerate) at all supported rates between 125 Mbps and 4.25 Gbps.
Simple and Easy to Manage
The WRT-780 can be managed using TL-1, simple network management protocol (SNMP), or by using the WaveReady™ Node Manager graphical user interface. The dual-transponder also supports manual data-rate provisioning, diagnostic loopback for testing, optical power monitoring, and other features. These functions facilitate fault location and correction and simplify operations required by service management and service-level agreements.
- Automatic rate detection (125 Mbps - 4.25 Gbps)
- Flexible, pluggable SFP interfaces on both line and client interfaces
- Support both CWDM and DWDM line side optics
- Diagnostic loopback on all ports
- 3R Regeneration on all ports
- High-density DWDM and CWDM transport networks
- Ethernet over WDM
- Storage area networks (SANs) and Gigabit Ethernet (GigE) reach extension
- Wavelength services and metro optical access overlay
- Telcordia GR-253 compliant
- NEBS 3 compliant
- FCC Part 15, Class A device
- UL 60950-1 first edition
- Class 1 laser safety compliant