The JDSU tunable 10 G multiprotocol optical XFP transceiver is an integrated fiber optic transceiver that provides a high-speed serial link at signaling rates from 9.95 Gbps to 11.35 Gbps. The module complies with the 10 Gigabit small form factor pluggable (XFP) multisource agreement (MSA).
It complies with the ITU-T G.698.1 DN50S-2D2(C) standard with 50 GHz channel spacing for SONET/SDH, IEEE DWDM 10GBASE-ZR for 80 km reach (Ethernet), and DWDM 10GFC for 80 km reach (Fibre Channel) applications. The transceiver integrates the receive and transmit path on one module. On the transmit side, the 10 Gbps serial data stream is recovered, retimed, and passed to a modulator driver.
The modulator driver biases and modulates a C-band-tunable integrated laser Mach-Zehnder (ILMZ), enabling data transmission over singlemode fiber through an industry-standard LC connector. On the receive side, the 10 Gbps optical data stream is recovered from an APD/transimpedance amplifier, retimed, and passed to an output driver. This module features a hot-pluggable XFI-compliant electrical interface.
- Supports 9.953 Gbps (SONET and SDH), 10.31 Gbps (Ethernet), 10.52 Gbps (Fibre Channel), and corresponding forward error correction (FEC) rates of 10.66/10.709/11.09/11.35 Gbps
- Monolithically integrated full C-band tunable transmitter
- 50 GHz ITU channel spacing with integrated wavelength locker
- Commercial operating temperature from -5˚C to 70˚C
- Maximum power dissipation of 3.5 W
- No reference clock required
- Digital diagnostic monitoring support
- Wide, local, and storage area networks
- SONET OC-192 and SDH STM-64
- Ethernet and Fibre Channel switches
- XFP MSA Revision 4.5
- RoHS 6/6
- Telcordia GR-253-CORE andtested in accordance with GR-468
- ITU-T G.691, G.698.1 DN50S-2D2(C)
- IEEE 802-3ae-2002
- 10 GFC 1200-SM-LL-L
- Class 1 laser safety