This JDSU 850 nm LC connectorized Transmit Optical Sub-Assembly (TOSA) meets the requirements of demanding 4.25 Gbps transceiver modules. The product uses a high-performance, high-reliability VCSEL integrated in a TO-46 package. Each device is actively aligned to a precision plastic LC barrel using a proprietary alignment algorithm and tested to precise requirements. The JDSU design produces excellent monitor current tracking over temperature. Each unit receives a JDSU proprietary burn-in and stabilization process to ensure a low failure rate and long life expectancy while providing continuously consistent performance. Each part is electro-optically tested to ensure optimum performance and yield in the application.
The 4.25 G TOSA converts an electrical signal into optical power at data rates up to 4.25 Gbps and it is designed for performance over extended operating temperatures and power conditions with high reliability. The circular optical beam provides optimal power coupling to both 50/125 mm and 62.5/125 mm multimode fibers.
- Data Data rates up to 4.25 Gbps
- Optimized for -40 °C to 85 °C transceiver applications
- Optical power monitor with excellent tracking
- Common cathode, common anode, or differential drive VCSEL TO package aligned to a plastic LC barrel
- Custom specification tolerances available
- Fully burned-in and stabilized
- Proven performance and reliability per GR-468-CORE
- Very high reliability
- Industrial temperature operation
- Qualified AC modulation performance