JDSU agile optical switches provide a broad portfolio of ROADM solutions that meet the requirements of all major market segments and applications. They are the core building blocks for agile optical networks and provide the flexibility to remotely reconfigure any or all wavelengths—reducing time-to-service, simplifying networks, and streamlining planning and inventory management. This results in significant OpEx and CapEx reductions and faster time to revenue.
The WSS is an N-port module composed of a hermetically sealed optics block and control electronics. The optics block is based on the highly successful free space optics platform in conjunction with a MEMS-based switching engine to provide the functionality and performance required for today’s dynamic networks.
The WSS dynamically attenuates, block switches, and routes wavelengths independently. Any wavelength can be routed from any port to any other port in any order, resulting in a colorless solution that is highly flexible and requires no pre-planning.
This low-port-count (N=2, 4) WSS is based on the JDSU 1x9 Mini 100 WSS platform but is cost and performance optimized to meet the requirements of the edge/access segment and low-degree node applications. Available in a single-slot form factor package, it is fully qualified to meet and exceed Telcordia requirements.
- 1x2/1x4, up to 44 channels
- Superior optical performance, high cumulative port isolation and cross talk (>>40dB)
- Fast switching – hitless (<200 ms all channels)
- Optional optical channel monitor
- Single slot solution
- Backward compatible (DPRAM and RS232 interfaces)
- Telcordia qualified GR1221, GR1312, GR468, and GR78
- RoHS 5/6 compliant
- Wavelength routing/grooming
- Add/drop capability
- Dynamic bandwidth management