The JDSU VCF series is a voltage-controlled tunable band pass filters that can be used for amplified spontaneous emission (ASE) suppression of optical signals and for single-channel demultiplexing from a multichannel dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) optical signal stream. The VCF can also be used in flexible and dynamic wavelength optical add/drop applications. The VCF uses hermetic sealing for increased resistance to environmental extremes. The VCF series offers excellent optical performance in either C or L band.
The center wavelength selection is precisely tuned using a stepper motor driven by an external integrated circuit controller. The driver moves the filter up and down in uniform steps in the center wavelength, to provide high resolution. The VCF is compact in size and can easily be mounted on a printed circuit board (PCB).
The transmission spectrum of the VCF is optimized for low insertion loss, high rejection, and low chromatic dispersion.
- 50 and 100 GHz tunable filters for C or L band
- High adjacent and non-adjacent channel rejection
- Good wavelength setting accuracy
- Low insertion loss
- Low chromatic dispersion
- Wide tuning range
- Low tuning voltage
- Pins extruding from side of the package
- Mountable on PCB with small footprint
- ASE suppression for optical fiber amplifiers (OFAs) and tunable lasers or receivers
- Signal demultiplexers for wavelength division multiplexers (WDMs) or 1xN splitters
- Dynamic wavelength selection associated with WDM systems using optical add/drops and flexible wavelength conversion