JDSU 100 GHz, narrowband arrayed waveguide gratings (AWGs) provide a price-competitive, small-form-factor alternative to standard thin film-based dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM).
JDSU AWGs are a product of advanced PLC fabrication capabilities, and are offered in both mux and demux configurations. The low cost and high performance make them the ideal solution for metro and long-haul DWDM applications.
JDSU AWGs can incorporate microcontroller-based internal temperature control (ITC) circuitry to allow stable alignment with the ITU grid. The optional ITC eliminates the need for external temperature control, and does not impact package dimensions.
- Very low insertion loss
- Wide channel bandwidth
- Low polarization dependent loss
- Low chromatic dispersion
- High adjacent channel isolation
- Low power consumption
- Compact size
- Integrated temperature controller (optional)
- Metro and long haul mux/demux
- OADM network nodes
- Original equipment manufacturer (OEM) applications
- Telcordia GR-1221 qualified