JDSU T-BERD®/MTS-6000A and 8000 MSAM Adds
MPLS-TP Analysis and Verification
Supports PTN, Advanced Carrier Ethernet Networks, Mobile Backhaul,
LTE, and IPTV Deployments
To address the surge in deployment of Packet Transport Networks (PTN), JDSU today introduced an advanced level of analysis and verification for Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) services for its T-BERD®/MTS-6000A and T-BERD®/MTS-8000 Multi-Services Application Module (MSAM). MPLS-TP, an emerging Layer 2 packet-based transport technology that directs and carries data from one network node to the next, is critical to the successful deployment of Carrier Ethernet services driven by high-bandwidth, high-performance applications such as LTE, Internet Protocol (IP) Video, and Mobile Backhaul.
As service providers offer and install more packet-based MPLS-TP services for their customers, the JDSU software upgrade will provide them a cost-effective method for verifying the installation of MPLS-TP services. The new JDSU test suite gives providers confidence that MPLS-TP services are delivered with true carrier-class QoS; with properly functioning end-to-end operations, administration, and maintenance (OAM); as well as protection switching.
Highlights of the new MPLS-TP feature include:
- Verifies key service level agreement (SLA) QoS metrics by generating and analyzing full line rate MPLS-TP data traffic up to 10 Gbps.
- Supports comprehensive MPLS-TP OAM in compliance with both ITU-T pre-standard G.8114 and IETF draft MPLS-TP OAM based on Y.1731.
- Generates and monitors OAM messages at pseudowire, Label Switched Path (LSP), and section layer.
- Includes OAM features such as continuity check (CC), loopback (LB), and alarm indication signal (AIS), operating with both Label 13 or Label 14.
- Performs real-time simultaneous OAM testing with background traffic generation emulating real MPLS-TP network operation.
The JDSU T-BERD MTS-6000A MSAM is the most compact 10 GbE multifunction tester for the installation and maintenance of next-generation Carrier Ethernet and IP services. It offers field applications for servicing metro core telecommunications networks, wireless/cable switch centers, backhaul networks, and telecommunications and network equipment.
For more information, please visit the JDSU website.