New JDSU OTDR Module for T-BERD/MTS-4000 Speeds Installation, Troubleshooting of Metro and PON
JDSU today introduced the first optical time-domain reflectometer (OTDR) module to deliver the full performance of a high-end unit in a compact, economical test platform. Designed to speed installing and troubleshooting metro and passive optical networks (PON) and reduce costs, the Metro-PON OTDR for the T-BERD/MTS-4000 platform provides several important benefits:
- reduces testing costs and OPEX by finding and interpreting faults faster with very high resolution, 40 dB dynamic range sensitivity—more fibers can be tested in less time
- speeds PON network qualification and verification by reducing the dead zone around high-loss 1x128 splitters by up to 50 percent
- economizes purchase options by letting customers choose only the wavelength combinations they need for installation and troubleshooting: any one or more of 1310, 1490, 1550, 1625, and 1650
- saves considerable time in PON testing by automatically identifying splitters and their locations rather than reporting them as splices or connectors
- prevents traffic interference and operator-generated testing errors with automatic, immediate live traffic detection.
Importantly, the Metro-PON is the only OTDR test module in the industry that automatically identifies splitters and immediately detects live traffic.
To enable certification for the new IEC standard, the T-BERD/MTS-4000 platform includes automatic fiber connector inspection and Pass/Fail analysis. The platform also features a large, trans-reflective touch display that offers a feature set and value that is unmatched in the industry. It is the ideal FTTx tester for fiber, copper, xDSL, and triple-play testing.
For more information, visit our website.