Milpitas, California, August 18, 2011 – JDSU (NASDAQ: JDSU and TSX: JDU) today announced a new segment for its Industry View campaign on JDSU.tv that highlights innovative technology it creates for a wide variety of markets. The segment includes interviews with JDSU technology experts and features many of the solutions that have driven the percentage of JDSU revenue from new products to record levels.
For the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2011, JDSU innovation resulted in revenue from products introduced within the last two years of 71 percent and 52 percent, respectively, for JDSU’s Optical Communications and Communications Test and Measurement business segments.
The seven-chapter video on JDSU.tv highlights the following solutions:
- Gesture recognition. Current and future uses of exciting new technology that allows people to control applications with body movements instead of using a mouse, remote or controller.
- Special effects pigments. How auto makers are using eye-catching diffractive effects to help sell more cars.
- Anti-counterfeiting technology. Overt, covert and digital features that are helping to prevent counterfeiting and tampering of many products people use every day including consumer electronics and pharmaceuticals.
- Enterprise communications test solutions. Special test products that help prevent bottlenecks or outages so that enterprise networks perform at their very best.
- Fiber laser technology. New high-power fiber lasers that add great accuracy and speed to the manufacturing of metals that go into a wide range of products such as file cabinets, refrigerators and car parts.
- Self Aware Networks. How a wide variety of optical technology and test solutions go into high speed and self monitoring networks to support the onslaught of on-demand video flooding networks.
- CPV technology for solar. The latest in concentrated photovoltaic technology and its ability to dramatically concentrate the power of sunlight for energy-efficient power generation.
“The new campaign illustrates how diverse JDSU is – not just in the technology solutions it provides to multiple markets but also in the talented experts it employs that help drive innovation,” said Jim Monroe, senior director of Corporate Marketing and Communications at JDSU. “Our commitment to cultivating the best and brightest industry talent combined with a strong focus on R&D helps keep JDSU at the forefront of the many technology markets that it serves.”
JDSU (NASDAQ: JDSU; and TSX: JDU) innovates and markets diverse technologies that enhance the way people experience the world every day. We enable fast, high-quality communications, secure financial transactions, reliable consumer electronics, green energy, differentiated brands and a host of other solutions. We provide these solutions through three business segments: Communications Test and Measurement, Communications and Commercial Optical Products, and Advanced Optical Technologies. To learn more about JDSU, please visit www.jdsu.com and www.jdsu.tv and follow us on JDSU Perspectives, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
Press: Noël Bilodeau 408-546-4567 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Investors: Michelle Levine Schwartz 408-546-4421or email@example.com