JDSU Delivers the Industry’s First Field Tester that Doubles
10 G Network Rollout Efficiency
Enables Simultaneous Installation of Two 10 G Circuits
With the increase in Internet and mobile traffic, the deployment of 10 G circuits is growing at a rate of 14 percent worldwide. To help service providers meet this challenge, JDSU continues to innovate field testing by offering two 10 G ports on the Multi-Services Application Module (MSAM) for its leading T-BERD®/MTS-6000A and -8000 platforms, enabling unheard of testing efficiency.
The new MSAM provides several important benefits that make it an ideal solution for service providers:
- Doubles the speed of 10 G network rollout by turning up two circuits concurrently
- Decreases the time to repair on troubled 10 GE links with in-line bidirectional monitoring capabilities, including field-proven line-rate capture, WireShark decode, and J-Mentor expert analysis
- Supports unparalleled Gigabit Ethernet troubleshooting by monitoring and generating traffic in optical transport network (OTN)-wrapped ODU-0 payloads
- Eliminates the requirement for multiple testers with one device covering service installation and troubleshooting needs as well as core transport network operation and maintenance.
The new MSAM delivers:
- the industry’s first multitechnology compact field tester supporting dual 10 G interfaces in a single module.
- the industry’s smallest dual 10 G multitechnology test set when installed in T-BERD/MTS-6000A, and in T-BERD/MTS-8000 simultaneous 4/10 G testing.
- unequalled industry technology leadership in OTN that enables Ethernet and IP testing inside a multiplexed ODU-0 OTN signal.
Use Case: The new MSAM addresses the challenges of converged Ethernet and IP networks with ever-growing 10 G core and edge networks. It also aids in the installation and troubleshooting of storage area networks (SANs), including 8 G Fibre Channel (FC) to enable data center redundancies, low-latency trading, and backup processing.
This flagship T-BERD/MTS platform focuses on the entire service life cycle, from installation to troubleshooting and maintenance. The new multiport 10 G MSAM helps field and central office technicians verify transport technologies from time-division multiplexing/plesiosynchronous digital hierarchy (TDM/PDH) up to 10 G OTN, including 8 G FC, as well as ensure end-customer service-level agreements (SLAs).
The MSAM also supports TrueSpeed™, a JDSU-created automated test for the new Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) RFC 6349. RFC 6349 is a framework for TCP Throughput testing that enables service providers to experience their network as their customers do.