JDSU Life … After College
Choosing the company where you begin your career will be one of the most important decisions you will make. You have every right to be picky about your career choice after you graduate from college. After all, you put a lot of hard work into your education so you can effectively compete upon entering the workforce.
Just so you know … we’re picky too. You can impress us with your grades and all your school awards and achievements; but we’re looking for more. Ask yourself the following:
- Do you want to be with a company that gives its employees the opportunity to be on the leading edge of technology?
- Do you want to be with a company that is the leader in its space and that shares your passion for innovation?
- Do you want to be with a company that lets you immediately put your thumbprint on the work you do every day and recognizes you for it?
- Do you want to take what you learned in school and apply it to work that changes the world?
If you vigorously nodded your head with a resounding YES to each of these questions, then your life after college should include a fulfilling career at JDSU.
“But I have so many questions!”
Of course you do, which is why you’re here to get answers. Here are answers to some frequently asked questions.
What is it like to interview at JDSU?
We hope you don’t mind talking and bragging about yourself. You will be asked several questions about your relevant work/school and life experience. You will have the opportunity to ask questions about JDSU and the job for which you are applying. During this information exchange, you will learn more about us as we get to know you. The interview can be challenging as well as enlightening. Our website provides you with more information about our company and in-depth information about our products and services. Take the time to learn about us before your interview.
What should I wear?
Although our day-to-day environment is casual, business attire is recommended for all interviews. You can still look cool in business-professional clothing!
Who will I meet?
A typical on-site interview usually includes one-on-one meetings with three to six people. You will meet and interview with the potential hiring manager, a representative from Human Resources, and members of the team for which you are being considered.
What will you want to know about me?
We hope to learn as much as we can about you to help us understand your skills and experiences, such as internships, class projects, and work experience. We ask behavior-based questions to learn how you solve problems, how you work within teams, and your level of technical expertise.
What will you tell me about JDSU?
We will give you information about the group with whom you are interviewing as well as the specific position job responsibilities. Human Resources will provide an overview of benefits, compensation, and relocation so you will know what to expect if you decide to join the company.
What happens after I interview?
The interview team will typically debrief you once the interview process is complete and the hiring manager makes the final selection. This can happen the day of your interview or it could take up to a few weeks depending on whether other candidates are being considered and their availability. Once a candidate is selected, we will either make you an offer of employment or notify you that another candidate has been selected.
What kinds of benefits do you provide?
As a JDSU employee, you will receive an outstanding benefits package beginning with your very first day of employment. The package includes vacation, comprehensive health and dental plans, an employee savings plan, and much more.
Do I have to be a US citizen to apply?
We typically seek potential employees who have a long-term employment authorization available. We are currently limiting visa sponsorships. If you need a visa sponsorship, please let us know as soon as possible. JDSU will consider qualified candidates regardless of citizenship or visa status.
Call it a test drive. You can have that rare opportunity to apply what you are currently learning in college at a company like JDSU that pushes the boundaries of technology innovation through the JDSU Co-op Program where you:
- Gain practical, hands-on experience
- Apply classroom knowledge to real-world situations
- Work in a professional atmosphere
- Obtain interview experience
- Explore interests and goals
- Sharpen analytical abilities
- Can receive more full-time job offers before graduation than other seniors
- Participate in carefully monitored work assignments
- Realize greater job satisfaction
- Improve grades as you experience work relevance by relating theory to application.
Wait, there’s more. The JDSU Co-op Program also offers:
- Competitive financial compensation
- Paid holidays
- Temporary housing assistance for students requiring relocation
- Eligible participation in the JDSU 401(k) retirement plan.
Our Co-op Program is typically available from January to August during the spring/summer semesters, and from May to December during the fall/winter semesters. To see available positions, search here.